The short on sides, long on top haircut has been all the craze in men’s hair trends lately. Because long hair on top with short hair on the sides is the basis for so many popular men’s hairstyles, the number of cuts and styles to choose from are endless. For example, guys can get a fade or undercut on the sides, while leaving hair longer on top in order to style a quiff, pompadour, slick back, comb over, side part, fringe or any type of textured hairstyle.
If you’re looking for short sides long top hairstyles, check out the best haircuts for men to get in 2019! We’re confident that medium to long hair with short sides will give you the fashionable, sexy styles you want!
- 1 Best Short Sides Long Top Hairstyles
- 2 Low Skin Fade with Faux Hawk
- 3 High Pompadour Fade
- 4 High Fade with Thick Textured Spiky Hair
- 5 Mid Fade with Textured Brush Back
- 6 Slicked Back Undercut
- 7 Textured Crop with Wavy Fringe
- 8 Low Taper Fade with Spiky Hair
- 9 Mid Skin Fade with Thick Comb Over
- 10 High Bald Fade with Part and Quiff
- 11 Low Taper Fade with Curly Cropped Fringe
- 12 Mid Bald Fade with Hard Part Comb Over
- 13 Messy Curly Hair with High Skin Fade and Line Up
- 14 Fade with Long Hair on Top
- 15 Low Skin Fade with Brushed Up Hair and Beard
- 16 Slicked Back Hair with Disconnected Undercut
- 17 Skin Fade Undercut with Comb Over
- 18 Short Faded Sides with Long Spiked Hair Front
- 19 Modern Pompadour with High Fade
- 20 High Temp Fade with Pompadour and Design
- 21 High Bald Fade with Natural Curly Hair
- 22 Short Sides with Messy Medium Hair on Top
- 23 Messy Quiff with Tapered Sides and Beard
- 24 Low Drop Fade with Hard Side Part and Beard
- 25 Short Spiky Hair Fade
- 26 Undercut Fade with Thick Textured Hair
- 27 Hi Lo Fade with Thick Brush Up
Best Short Sides Long Top Hairstyles
Here are the best short sides long top hairstyles for guys in 2019. Whether you have straight, wavy, curly or thick hair, these modern haircut styles will have you looking stylish for any occasion!
Low Skin Fade with Faux Hawk
The faux hawk is certainly one of the coolest hair trends of recent years. The best thing about the fohawk is that it can be styled with any haircut as long as the hair on top is long enough to spike.
High Pompadour Fade
The modern pompadour is a hot look based on a classic style. A long or short pomp works best with short sides, such as a fade or undercut.
High Fade with Thick Textured Spiky Hair
Unlike the gelled spikes of the 90’s, modern spiky hairstyles tend to be textured and loose, giving them a more natural and trendy look.
Mid Fade with Textured Brush Back
Similar to a slick back, brushed back hair is often textured and thus provides more volume. The clean mid skin fade on the sides is a beautiful touch that further highlights the thick hair on top.
Slicked Back Undercut
The slicked back undercut hairstyle is a perfect example of a retro style that’s been brought back. The high-contrast look of the undercut with thick, long hair on top makes it a cool cut and style for any guy.
Textured Crop with Wavy Fringe
Guys with wavy or curly hair often think there aren’t any good hairstyles for them to get. On the contrary, this textured crop looks much better because of the wavy fringe.
Low Taper Fade with Spiky Hair
Almost any type of fade haircut or undercut works well with spiky hair. The advantage of longer hair on top is that guys can style a spiked look one day, a textured comb over the next, and even opt for a brush back another.
Mid Skin Fade with Thick Comb Over
To style a comb over as cool as this, guys will definitely need a quality pomade. Plus, the skin fade on the sides is just one way you can make your cut special.
High Bald Fade with Part and Quiff
This high bald fade cut is just expertly done. Add in the hard part hair design along with the highlights, and this quiff offers an awesome look.
Low Taper Fade with Curly Cropped Fringe
The low fade and beard combination in this picture look great. If you’re looking for an easy hairstyle that doesn’t require a lot of styling, a curly fringe or French crop is a good option.
Mid Bald Fade with Hard Part Comb Over
For a more classic style, a comb over or side part may be worth trying. This medium skin fade combines a modern look with a retro hairstyle on top.
Messy Curly Hair with High Skin Fade and Line Up
Messy hair is always a low-maintenance hairstyle for guys. The benefit is you can also style this cut into a fringe, slick back, or wavy comb over.
Fade with Long Hair on Top
Low Skin Fade with Brushed Up Hair and Beard
A thick, full beard makes for a great addition to any men’s haircut. If you do have a lot of facial hair, consider a beard fade.