The drop fade haircut for men is a popular and innovative variation of the well-known classic taper fade haircut. The drop fade gets its name because the fade drops low behind the ear and down to the nape of the neck. For a trendy men’s haircut that is short and practical, the drop fade is a simple yet stylish choice.
- 1 What Is The Drop Fade Haircut?
- 2 How To Get The Drop Fade Haircut
- 3 Best Drop Fade Haircuts For Men
- 4 Cool Drop Fade Comb Over Pomp
- 5 Drop Fade Afro with Curly Twists
- 6 Drop Fade Haircut with V-Shaped Neckline
- 7 Quiff with High Drop Fade
- 8 Slick Back with High Drop Fade and Hair Design
- 9 Curly Top Drop Fade
- 10 Buzz Cut
- 11 Low Bald Drop Fade with Comb Over
- 12 Fringe with High Drop Fade
- 13 High Skin Fade and Drop Down with Quiff
- 14 High Bald Drop Fade with Long Textured Brush Back
- 15 Burst Drop Fade with Curly Twists
- 16 Pompadour with Bald Drop Fade
- 17 Thick Textured Slick Back with Mid Fade
- 18 Thick Quiff with Mid Skin Fade
- 19 Low Drop Fade with Long Fringe
- 20 Textured Slick Back with Drop Fade
- 21 Curly Fringe Hair with Low Skin Drop Fade
What Is The Drop Fade Haircut?
The drop fade haircut is similar to the taper fade, but with a more specific hair design. Instead of an even fade that circles all the way around the head at the same level, the drop fade is curved. Following the shape of a man’s head, the arc-shape of the drop fade offers a natural fade haircut that goes around the ear and falls to a guy’s neckline.
Similar to a taper fade, men can choose between a high and low drop fade, where the cut really does drop to the neckline. The best part about the drop top fade is that it can be applied to any haircut or hairstyle. If you are getting a fade, you can make it unique by asking your barber to taper a drop fade instead of a classic fade.
How To Get The Drop Fade Haircut
Getting the drop fade cut shouldn’t be confusing for your stylist, but if your barber hasn’t heard of the style, be sure to show him a picture before getting your hair cut. Otherwise, describing the cut in words doesn’t really do it justice, and the specific length and style of drop fade that you’re looking for may not match up with what your barber thinks.
All the cut requires is a good pair of hair clippers and knowledge of how to fade from one clipper setting to another. Ask for recommendations about how the drop fade cut can be made to suit your face shape better. These specific adjustments will ensure you get the best haircut that matches your personal sense of style.
Finally, it’s important to note that there is no real difference between fade and taper in terms of hairstyle. If your barbershop doesn’t know what a fade is, they probably just call it a taper instead.
Best Drop Fade Haircuts For Men
Seeing pictures of the cool drop fade haircut is the only way to get a feel for what it will look like on you. Some guys like the drop skin fade while others like to combine the cut with a mohawk, so how you wear the haircut is completely up to you. We hope these pictures of cool men’s hairstyles will give you styling ideas for your next cut.